Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Plugging Along (and quick grouse about work)

New reference desk schedule out-- we were promised to only have to work a 3 hr shift-- so naturally we're scheduled 8:00-10:00, 1:00-2:00. Am I going to have a problem with that? Not NOW, I said, because clearly we're going to be helping out the one poor ref librarian, covering all the desk hours, who would be stuck without a break otherwise (the other 2 are on vacation, as groused about before.) But I WILL have a problem with it in 2 weeks. Stay tuned.

In Re. knitting, I'm still pluggin' away at the 2nd Pomatomous sock. Wanna get that one done so I can a.)give it to its recipient and b.)free up the sz 2 dpns for my Socks for Soldiers "big black socks" as my next charity project.

Also, still working on the charity baby blankie. I've edged about 17-18 of the rectangles in a hdc in purple, and it looks fabulous. Will post pics before I start assembling, if only to get an idea of placement. Looks like I'll have plenty of purple yarn; I'm 2/3rds done with the edging and only just now starting to finish up the first purple ball.

No comments: