Sunday, August 19, 2007

So Many WIPS

So many things in progress! and so many things I want to get going on. Here's the state of Margo's blankie:

I'm just going to keep going until it looks long enough. Also going like gangbusters, my Harry Potter Ravenclaw hat:

I started the ribbing on straights, then moved to dpns but constantly feared it would slip off the ends (there's 144 sts, divided on 3 needles? too risky.) So after a quick trip to the LYS I now own some 16" sz 7 circs, so this will now go quick. I also plan a trip back to Joann or Michaels to get more of this yarn; I discovered on the Lion Brand website that this stinkin' Vanna's Choice supposedly has a Brick color, so I should be able to do a Gryffindor hat. If I can (and get it done soon,) I'll just keep this beret for myself and give the Gryff. one to my friend. These colors is purty & match my new coat!

Also, turned the heel on 2nd Pomatomus and gusset decreases are complete:

Also got a start on the Red Scarf Project (I'm only going to do one this year)

I have to look up the pattern stitch I'm using, it's out of that book I picked up in January during our trip to Evanston. Too lazy to go look now... must sleep... too much knitting.

I feel like I should finish at least one of these projects before I try to start my Socks for Soldiers BBS. I feel real guilty tho, because there's a call out for socks for some Ohio soldiers, and I sure wish I could help with that. But they need 'em by Sept. 1 and I couldn't finish them even if I dropped everything else. I may just send them money to help with postage, and submit the socks later. We'll see.

No comments: