Sunday, July 08, 2007

(picture) document dump

It's like Friday afternoon at the Bush Whitehouse-- all the bad news when no one's around to notice! My camera is barely functioning, but I managed to coax a few pictures out of it before it punked out again. I was snapping as many as I could! So of course when I needed it to take a picture of my finished pomatomous sox, yeah, fuggeddaboutit.

Here's a dishrag I did during "Ratatouille":



It's a simple basketweave of my own devising. Easy peasa to do in the dark theater.

Next up is the oh-so-easy sweater:


Not much progress, there.

Here's another dishrag, from my honkin big dishrag pattern book, made from leftovers from the big green bag I made last month:


It's for my friend's thank you package. She's the same one I'm making the pomatomous socks for (gee can you tell she likes green?) It's actually done now.

The last is my latest acquisitions to my stash:


There's some Paton's Twister, clearanced @ $.97 per ball; Jo-Anne house brand "Licorice" in both red and blue, destined to be roll-brim hats for charity; random Sugar 'n' Cream, for dishrags; and some bedspread weight cotton, in a nice rainbow coloway, also clearanced @ &.97. I also bought a steel crochet hook so I can try either a dishrag or an ornament. I shouldn't have bought so much but it was (mostly) clearanced??!!? Well, I've made so much recently, I actually did need to replenish my stash.

Darn this camera. I'll be shopping online this week, but being a notorious cheapskate, I don't want to pay more than $100 for a new one. My preliminary investigations reveal that $150 is more realistic... problems ahead, I'm thinking. If I can get this piece of crud working, I'll make a nice long post about my wool baby blankie. I'm pretty excited about it!

No comments: