Sunday, March 04, 2007

Some more FPs

I'm done with the charity socks. They turned out pretty well. I wasn't going to post the pictures, but hey, it ain't like it's hard. Here's a sock in action... can you tell I hadn't woven in the ends yet, by Pringle's keen interest in the dangly bit?


Here they are in a more traditional pose, finished and ready to send to San Fran:



They actually fit me, albeit a squidge tight, so I'd estimate them @ boy's size 3ish since I wear a boys 4. Very, very happy with how they turned out & I plan more socks for charity in the future. Oh yeah, the specs: Patons Classic Merino in Denim Marl, done on size 5 dpns in order to make a tighter fabric, without a real pattern just using basic sock techniques. I rambled on about it several posts back. Thanx Yarn Harlot, I love ya!
For my non-charity stuff, I'm kind of at a crossroads. I'm working steady on Hubby's afghan (finally), and making steady progress, but it seems like a knitting black hole. Lotsa work, little to show for it. Curse me for making it much wider than the pattern called for, and for "jazzing it up" with seed stitch in the diamonds. Makes it unnecessarily complicated. But I've got to finish, Margo wants a blankie too and I just can't even think about it 'till Hubby's is done.

I'm also having an existential problem with my cashmerino aran hat, for myself. I'll wait to wax philosophical on that until I've got photos to illustrate my difficulties. I've got to make some decisions regarding that hat & I just don't feel like it yet. I have purchased more yarn for as-yet undetermined projects (more than what I've mentioned below, heh) so I have decisions to make about that as well.
I have to sort out my thinking and post more later. Maybe I'll whip out some dishcloths, to reset my mind, all Zen-like, heh.

No comments: