Monday, December 31, 2007

end o'the year ramblings

Well, here's hoping 2008 is less sucktastic than 2007. Workwise, I mean; the family is fine. They're getting me through everything and we loves them.

I've been whipping out the projects right and left. I was seized by a sudden freak and did up this bad boy right before xmas:

so cute on the tree.

My socks for me continue apace:

I'm actually farther along than this, I'm almost ready to finish the 1st one. I can't wait to wear them. I've tried them on a few times for fitting purposes and they are TEH COMFURTUBLZ.

And my latest goofiness:

Poor thing looks like an angry bumblebee, but really, the new Daleks are gold, so I was going for authenticity. Had a helluva time knitting the bottom of this, since I stuffed it first. Also I used the provisional cast on method, which scairt me silly, but it worked out fine. Maybe I should try toe up socks, then, since that's how you cast them on...

As for what's ahead in the new year...I dunno? More knitting! And cross stitching. I've got to branch out a little. Maybe I'll get wordy and do some kind of new year's resolution post. Or not!

No comments: