Sunday, April 01, 2007

I'm trying to be better

and blog more often, so I don't have to load 87 pictures with each post.

Behold my latest dishcloth, which I am both happy and unhappy about:

I was reluctant to try the dropped stitch washcloth from my "Dishcloths by the Dozen" book, since dropping the stitches makes me nervous, but the pattern turned out well. It's got a great texture for scrubbing. I did have to frog it once, but that was because I lost track of the stitch count in a YO row.

I loved the color, BUUUUUUTTT.....

the m#$% f#$%ing dye rubbed off on my fingers (no biggie) and my FAVORITEST BAMBOO NEEDLES (not cool!) My 8's are ruined, as you can see from the photo, they are much bluer than the 7's below them. I had to go get new 8's this weekend, thank goodness for the Joann's coupon this week. This does not bode well for the dishrag's colorfastness, when it starts getting used. I was going to give it to my purple 'n green loving friend, but I shouldn't give it to anyone. Or use it, apparently; maybe I'll just keep it for decorative purposes. 'Cause those colors are still gorgeous, even if they're not going to last.

Hubby Afghan update: I should be finishing diamond motif #15 this weekend. Only 2, or 4, to go!!!

No comments: