Saturday, November 17, 2007

I'm a slacker blogger

thanks to Ravelry, and my projects keeping me busy. But let's face it, Ravelry is so much better at keeping track of my projects, with everything indexed and linked. The level of detail you can use is stunning, and far more complete and standardized than my random posts. It's a cataloger's dream. But I still want to maintain my 'blogger cred', and my pithy prose is worth transcribing (HAR DE HAR), so here's my latest project:

A hat for Mr. Nick, in the yarn he picked at the Knitter's Mercantile at their summer sale. It's GGH Bel Air, olive colorway, and it's not plied at all so this hat is going to fuzz to hell and back (esp. how he likes to pull and stretch it.) But, who cares? Yes, the yarn was kinda pricey for a kid's item, but I got it on sale, and he loved it, and loves the subsequent hat. He's worn it non-stop since yesterday, and I love him for it!

Specs: GGH Bel Air, olive, strands held double. It's the Yarn Harlot's Unoriginal Hat, done on 11 circs, modified with 4 extra stitches around and 3 extra rows long. If it lasts the season I'll be impressed; then I'll make another one next year!

No comments: