Friday, January 19, 2007

More finished items

I finally finished my hubby's Jayne Cobb hat. He condescended to model the finished product for me (even knowing I planned to post it!) Man walks around with a hat like that, you know he's not afraid of anything...



Specs: Red Heart Sport, in retinal-scorching yellow, orange and red. I held two strands together & knit on 10.5 dpns in the round. I knit the earflaps seperately and sewed them on after the fact. Note the ratty strings at the end-- had to make it authentic, yeh know. He has a HUGE head so I cast on 88 sts for the hat itself, so it's about 24 ins. unstretched. I put it on my head and I could rattle around in it. It's super-spongey and warm, though. And cunning! Did I mention it's a cunning hat?

Here's my latest charity work, a red scarf for the Red Scarf Project:


It's Homespun Candy Apple Red, done on 10.5 straights. It's all garter stitch with increases and decreases to make the zigzag. It's pretty soft and I love the color. It's been sent off already and I'm working on another one, pix of which I will post very soon.

No comments: