Monday, February 04, 2008

how I spent my weekend

Makin' mittens for the Mitten of the Beast KAL on the Rav:

Made out of JoAnn brand Sensations "Splendor", on 8 and 9 dpns. I did a basic mitten with a pocket sewn on the back. One of these days, I'll finish the second... Oh, who am I kidding, I'll cast on the 2nd tonight cuz they're so easy. And sparkly!! I only wish I'da made the cuffs a little longer, I certainly had enough yarn for it.

Also I made another brain slug for Nick, in yellow, at his request:

I got the yarn at this weird little yarn store on Cleveland Ave., I'd never been in it before. It was run by a little old lady, and packed to the rafters with nothing but acrylic yarn. None of it had labels, it was totally weird. I bought the skein of yellow for .90 and got the flock outta there... I don't think I'll go back.

No comments: