Monday, May 01, 2006

on the needles


Thought I'd try some Knit Bloggin' (tm) and show the world my work in progress. Currently I'm doing a Slytherin scarf. I've done a Harry Potter/Gryffindor scarf, with the maroon and gold; the kids somehow put big holes in that one. So I got my hands on some Red Heart Super Saver light grey (living in Buckeye country, it's easy to come by any brand yarn in scarlet or grey). When I knit my hubby his Dr. Who scarf, I had bought some Red Heart Classic paddy green, but I decided that it was too bright for that purpose. So I switched in a more forest-y green and swiped the paddy for myself. With green and grey in hand, a Slytherin scarf is the next natural step!

In case anyone's wondering about the pattern-- there is none! it's a scarf, yeh knit 'til it's long enuf. I'm doing it on 10.5 needles (after working on 3 dpns, I wanted to knock this next thing out quickly.) It's 50 stockinette sts. across, 24 rows of each color. I'm going to fold it in half and sew it up like a tube so the smooth knit is on the outside. I'll probably fringe it in grey, I dunno.

No comments: